How to Write a Biographical Essay
A biographical essay is a written composition that provides an informative account of a person’s life. It typically includes basic facts such as the person’s birth, education, accomplishments, career, and death, as well as other personal details that might be relevant to their life. A biographical essay may also include information about their family, relationships, culture, and values. In addition to a captivating biography essay, you’ll also need to develop a thesis statement. Tag along in this article to learn more tips on writing a biographical essay.
What Does Biography Mean?A biography is a written account of someone’s life. Moreover, it is usually based on facts about the person and includes information about childhood, education, relationships, career, and other aspects of their life.
What Is a Biography Essay?Firstly, a biographical narrative essay is a piece of biographical information that focuses on the life of a particular individual. It usually tells the story of the person’s life from the time of their birth until the present day. It may include details about the person’s childhood, family background, education, accomplishments, career, and other essential aspects of their life. Biography essays may also include the subject’s reflections on events in their life.
What Should a Biographical Essay Include?Furthermore, any essay format writing is similar. The same applies to a biographical essay. What is a biographical essay format? A biographical essay should include the following elements:
- Introduction – This should include a brief overview of the person’s life, what they are known for, and why they are required in a biographical essay. It should have; Background Information and Thesis statement.
- Body – This is the meat of the essay, where you provide details about the person’s life, including their accomplishments, struggles, and successes. It includes Early Life, Education, Career, and Achievements.
- Conclusion – This is where you wrap up the essay and summarize the person and their legacy. This part determines if your readers get hooked, and it includes a Summary of Important Points, Reflection on Life and Work, and Final Thoughts.
- Sources – All biographical essays should include references used to research the person. This helps to ensure accuracy and adds credibility to the article.
How Do You Write a Biological Essay?Below is how to write a biography essay step by step:
- Choose a subject. Pick a subject you find exciting and have access to information about. The subject could be a person, a place, or an event.
- Research your subject. Gather information about your topic from multiple sources such as books, academic journals, websites, newspapers, and interviews.
- Create an outline. Outline the main points of your essay and organize your research into sections.
- Write a thesis statement. Make sure it is specific and states the main point of your essay.
- Write the body of the essay. Start with an introduction that provides context and background information, followed by the body, which should include evidence and examples that support your thesis statement.
- Write a conclusion. Summarize your points and reiterate your thesis statement.
- Proofread and edit. Check your essay for grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors.
” John is a remarkable example of how hard work and dedication can help an individual to achieve their goals, no matter the obstacles they may face.”
How to Write an AutobiographyWriting about yourself is a bit tricky, especially when you have no clue where to begin, see the tips below on how to write a bio:
- Start by introducing yourself. Include your name, age, and a brief overview of who you are and what you do.
- Give a brief overview of your family background. Explain where you grew up, who your parents and siblings are, and any other significant family members.
- Describe any positive and negative critical events during your childhood.
- Discuss any significant accomplishments or events during your teenage years.
- Talk about any meaningful relationships you’ve had throughout your life.
- Explain any educational and professional experiences that have significantly impacted your life.
- If you have any exciting hobbies or stories, feel free to include them.
- Share any lessons or insights you have learned throughout your life.
- Reflect on the impact your experiences have had on the person you are today.
- Finally,end the autobiography with a conclusion that sums up your life and its effect on the world.
What Are Biographical Writing Examples?See the biography examples below that give you a scope of what to write about:
- Autobiography: An account of a person’s life written by that person.
- Biography: A detailed account of a person’s life written by someone else. i.e., Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
- Memoir: A written account of a period in a person’s life, typically focusing on memories and experiences. “Three Cups of Tea: One Man’s Mission to Promote Peace … One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson”.
- Narrative nonfiction: A factual story told in an engaging, literary style. Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
- Historical novel: A novel that tells a story set in the past and often includes actual historical figures. “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot.”
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies